Tuesday 24 January 2012

Chips


 Hmmm...what should we do with all this kale from our organic veg box?

 Eat it.
Or make Kale Chips! How do we do that??

 1. Wash & Dry Kale

2. Spread & Sprinkle Kale
(spray olive oil on sheet and on kale, then sprinkle with salt)
3. Cook Kale 
(10-15 minutes at 180ºC/350ºF)

 4. Eat Kale Chips

 mmm...crunchy!


And since we have so many potatoes that are beginning to sprout, let's make potato chips, too! 


1. Slice potatoes very thin with a mandoline. 
(I recommend doing this slowly and carefully with dry hands so you don't slice your finger like I did!)
2. Soak potatoes in very cold water for 1/2 hour.
3. Dry potatoes.
4. Heat vegetable oil until it's very hot. 
(I don't have a thermometer so I tested a few potato slices until the oil was hot enough.)
5. Cook potatoes in oil in small portions until they're golden brown.
6. Scoop potatoes from oil with a strainer and place on kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
7. Sprinkle with salt and eat!

These were so good that I was eating them practically straight out of the pan...and I wasn't even hungry. It took all my willpower to bag them and seal them up so everyone could enjoy them later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Came across you on the Mingle hop this morning. We used to get fresh organics delivered to us when we lived in Kansas City, but now, out in the middle of nowhere, we no longer have that luxury :( I loved that service!! The pics of your kids with the kale are hilarious and adorable! :D If you get a chance, stop by at southernbelleasanarmywife.blogspot.com and see if it's something you may be interested in. I'm all things creative as well ;) Looking forward to seeing new projects from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...