Tuesday 1 May 2012

Crochet Baby Hat


I just finished a crocheted baby hat for a friend who has a new baby girl.


The baby hat crochet pattern is one I've had for years. I can't remember if I found it and shared it with my mom, or if she found it and shared it with me, but it's been a favorite. It's the Stretchy Crochet Hat from Loving Hugs. I'm glad I was able to find the link when I searched Google today because I've had the pattern for so long without the information of where I originally found it. 


Oh, I just remembered! I found the pattern and shared it with my mom. Ah, yes...nice memory. About four years ago, a good friend of mine had her first baby. We visited her, her husband & her new little baby girl in the hospital. They asked us to bring them dinner and a few things they had forgotten, including a hat for the baby. I did a quick pattern search and whipped up a pink hat in a few hours (above). It was a favourite of theirs and fit their little girl for two years (hence the name Stretchy Crochet Hat)...which is why I made one for my little girl a year later, and passed the pattern on to my mom who made another for my little girl (above) and then later one for my little guy. Phew!


Since the one I finished today was white, I wanted to make it a little more exciting, girly, and feminine with a flower embellishment. I used a free flower pattern from JJCrochet. I love how it turned out and hope it gets as much wear as the first one I made four years ago!


This last part is totally unrelated to crochet or hats, but you should take a look at my mom's blog - Jerry&Kay - she made two absolutely adorable little piggy pillows for my kids from a 1967 Simplicity pattern. So cute! I just read her post a minute ago so I'm really excited about them. :-)

13 comments:

  1. What a cute little hat! You can't beat the addition of a flower and I love that sparkly yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...the flower really did make it so much cuter!

      Delete
  2. Jessica, I love this pattern.....the flower looks so pretty on it. Thanks for the comment about the "pigs":)...
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom...and, you're welcome. I can't wait for the kids to get their little piggies! :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I used Bernat Baby Coordinates. It's a really sweet yarn.

      Delete
  4. That little hat is so glamorous with the sparkly yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The sparkly yarn did make a simple hat much more fun!

      Delete
  5. Looks super cute and cozy! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful hat! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, little hat! A flower is the perfect way to finish it off...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, you have great talent!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...