Wednesday 15 August 2012

Pink Circle Dress


I know it's been ages since I've put anything up on my blog. But I do have a few things that have been hanging around, patiently waiting to be shared with my blog-viewing friends...and some pics coming soon of what has been occupying my time for the last couple of weeks. For now, just a quick one. 

I came home last week from meeting with a group of ladies to discuss One Thousand Gifts. What a surprise I got to find nobody home! Peace. Aaaah. Time to sew!

I used the same method as for my daughter's Jubilee Dress and sewed this pink dress in one afternoon! The skirt is from some fabric I picked up at my mom's neighbor's garage sale when I was in California earlier this summer and the top is one that came in the three-pack I bought for the Jubilee Dress. I didn't have any wide elastic, so I used some narrower and it worked really well for the dress. Of course and most importantly, my daughter loved it, . Her best friend stopped by as I was just finishing the hem and asked me to make her one, too! I couldn't say no, especially since I knew I had enough of the pink spotty fabric and one more tank from the three-pack. They are really excited to have matching dresses...and hopefully I'll be able to get some cute pics of them together when I finish the other dress.



9 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    One more try. I love the beautiful pictures of Evie and I love your blog!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! I finally got back to it after my Olympic break! :-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome...!! Cute pattern & color.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute dress! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling dress and the model is precious. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from One Creative Weekend. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-10.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDededicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember begging and begging mom to make me a twirly dress when I was younger. I'm sure your daughter loves it!
    Found you through a link up and I'm glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A spinning dress. Perfect for my girls. Great job! Thanks for sharing this week at One Creative Weekend! Have a great weekend! (I'm checking out the other dresses, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. I found you from the Adventures of a DIY Mom linky party. I have worked with circle skirts and half circle skirts. I've posted a couple of them on my blog with the circle formula and instructions if you'd like to check them out: thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...