Tuesday 2 October 2012

Kids Clothes Week Challenge (kcwc) - can I do it??

I've known and enjoyed browsing Elsie Marley's kids clothes week challenge (aka kcwc) for the last few seasons. It is a challenge to sew an hour a day for a week...and to only sew for your kids (or grandkids...or great grandkids...and so on). This year, I'm going to attempt to participate. I think I can just barely squeeze it in to my schedule and put off cleaning the house for another week. I have a list of items I've been wanting to sew for my kids for a while, but haven't gotten around to doing yet. So, next week, October 8-14, is my week to get it done!

Here are some of the things I hope to accomplish. I have no idea how quickly I'll be able to sew and have probably put too much on my list, but we'll see how it goes...


Oct 8 - pajamas for my little girl...she fell in love with a strawberry print fleece at our little local fabric store a couple weeks ago, so she'll get some cozy pjs out of it.

Oct 9 - pajamas for my little girl...hope to finish!

Oct 10 - pajamas for my little boy...going to try the pajama pattern from sewing for boys or these ones if I feel any time pressure.

Oct 11 - pajamas for my little boy...hope to finish!

Oct 12 - tie shirt for my little boy...from see kate sew - thought it would be cute on a long sleeve shirt.

Oct 13 - halloween costumes...begin and hopefully finish an autumn princess dress...still coming up with a plan for this one and the next!

Oct 14 - halloween costumes...begin and hopefully finish an autumn prince costume OR finish the autumn princess. If I don't finish the halloween costumes, I'll at least have them started so they won't be a totally last minute project like last year.

I'm really excited for a week dedicated to sewing! If you're interested in participating, stop over at Elsie Marley for all the details...and stay tuned to see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...