Tuesday 8 January 2013

Pinned It and Did It: Convection Mittens

My boy's mittens...
Blue Boys Mittens | Sunny Stitching


Mittens I pinned...
                 Source: whipup.net via Jessica on Pinterest


It gets pretty cold here and I know my little boy plays outside a lot when he's at school in the morning. He has a pair of thin, cotton gloves that are hardly warm and kind of tough for him to put on by himself. So, as you can see from the pictures, I made him some mittens.

Blue Boy Mittens : Sunny Stitching

I used a great tutorial for the convection mittens that I pinned here. It's from a guest post by foxflat on whipup and I especially loved it because it was beautifully illustrated with hand-drawn images. You don't see that much these days in online tutorials and it was very refreshing! You should definitely take a look at it, even if you aren't going to make a pair of the mittens.

Blue Boys Mittens : Sunny Stitching

I loved the convection mittens pattern. It was clear and easy to follow. I mixed the colors up for my little boy's mittens. He loves blue. I had three shades of blue left over from the gnome hats. Perfect! I made two small modifications to the mitten pattern: (1) I used fleece for the inner and outer layers of the mittens. (2) I added elastic to the waist so they wouldn't slide of my little guy's hands.

Blue Boys Mittens : Sunny Stitching

I am so please with how they turned out...and my guy loves them. The convection mitten pdf pattern is definitely a success and I will be keeping it! 



I'm linking up to these fabulous parties!

I'd love for you to follow my pinterest board.
”Follow



3 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    I love these mittens!!!! You pin great stuff on your pinterest board!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little guy looks very pleased with his new mittens. They look lovely and warm and would be easy for him to put on and take off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would seriously love a pair of these! I'm sure my kids would too! Thanks for sharing at One Creative Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...