Tuesday 14 May 2013

Mayfair

I know I've been silent for the last week or so and here is why...


I've been busy stocking up for Mayfair! I had a vendor stall at my first ever craft fair! Mayfair is one of the largest and most enjoyable events at our school. It's mostly fun and games for the kids, but there is always shopping for the ladies. This year, after gaining confidence in selling through my Etsy shop (Sunshine Makings), I took a leap and reserved a spot at Mayfair.


It's one of the best things I've done. I had such a great time chatting with the people who stopped at my table...and I sold stuff! I made enough to cover the cost of my table (which was my main goal), to donate over £40 to IJM, and also some to keep.


I had barely finished setting up when I made my first sale and then snapped these pictures really quickly before making a second sale (hence the knocked over sign and fallen cup sleeve and Starbucks cup missing it's sold sleeve :-)). 



I made sure to have a variety of items because I had no idea what people would buy. I was surprised to find out that I had a perfect selection and sold a little bit of everything. A few of the items were made by my mom (Kay from Jerry&Kay) like the scarves and wrist warmers above (all sold!).


My favorite new items I made especially for the fair were the baby hats. They are made of the softest Bernat bamboo yarn. I sold one and took orders for about five in larger baby sizes...that was exciting! Stay posted or follow my blog in any possible way (options in sidebar) to find out when these will be available in my Etsy shop.
 


After looking at my booth, I see a few display improvements to be made for the next fair, but I was really pleased with it on the day, and overall, this was the best first craft fair experience I could have had! Thanks to everyone who encouraged me, and to everyone who bought something, and to King Damascus who gave me pep talks during the week leading up to the sale when I was stressing myself out!

3 comments:

  1. oh that looks awesome.
    I love the way you've hung those hats - very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Very good sales and I love your sign and the way you hung up the hats too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...