Sunday 23 June 2013

Fabric Baby Blocks

fabric baby blocks

It's baby shower season in my part of the world... and I'm about to give a shower for my sister!! I'm pretty sure all babies love noisy and squeezable baby blocks, so my mom (Kay from jerryandkay) and I made baby blocks to go with my sister's baby boy themed baby shower.

fabric baby blocks

Our goal is to have as many of the decorations as possible be things that my sister can use for her baby. I loved doing this for my friend's shower and am using some of the same ideas, like the cloth diaper cake and muslin roses. The cake and roses will be slightly different, of course, so stay posted to see them in the next couple of weeks. 

fabric baby blocks

I used this baby blocks tutorial as a guide to how to make fabric baby blocks. The most difficult part was choosing fabric...the baby blocks were a cinch to sew. I appliqued a capital and lower case A,B, and C on the solids sides of each block. My mom's doing X, Y, and Z.

fabric baby blocks

To make the ABC blocks more enjoyable for the baby, I added noisy items in the center of the filling: jingle bells in one, cellophane in another, and marbles secured in easter eggs in the third. 



Shake, shake, shake...my kids loved testing the sound in the ABC blocks...



They sound good enough for preschoolers and good enough for a baby!


The fabric baby blocks also passed the squeezable test.


We are sure that baby will love them!


I'm linking up to some of these fabulous parties.



11 comments:

  1. So,so adorable, Jessica!I love this and the happiness of the sweet children.Thanks so much for sharing.
    Hope you have a good sunday and a fun week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! Your sister will be very happy, and the baby too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft blocks are perfect for kids! I love these ones with the ABC's! Thanks for linking up to Monday Funday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These will make great shower gifts! There are so many expecting at my workplace, I should get started! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blocks! I love the black and white dot fabric! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! These are so awesome, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so cute, Jessica!!! The appliqued letters look great, as does that terrific car fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica, I've featured your baby blocks today...
    http://www.threadingmyway.com/2013/06/threading-your-way-features_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baby blocked turned out so cute! Thanks for sharing & linking up @ DearCreatives.com Hope your having a great summer so far! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to let you know that I featured you today on my blog! Thanks so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday.

    Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...